WEEKEND IN RHODES
This itinerary goes through the following steps:
Day 1 - 3: Rhodes
Day 4 : End of the trip
Make sure you spend a weekend in Rhodes
The sun island is waiting for you. You are bound to fall in love with Rhodes with its particularly mild climate throughout the year, prestigious archaeological and architectural heritage, beautiful beaches and a buzzing nightlife during the summer months. The island is a calm, serene place off season. Direct flights from Europe make Rhodes a top destination for a short stay.
N.B : Contact our greek specialists so they can customize this itinerary and adapt it to your needs and wishes.
Here is the list of hotels for your travel in Greece:
Best value stay
This hotel is located near the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes. The property owner, Thanasis Mavrakis, and his family make the hotel a friendly, welcoming place for guests. You will be made to feel at home as soon as you walk through the doors at Cava d’Oro, a small family hotel in the centre of the old town. Lovingly restored, the hotel features rooms with private terraces, telephone, a safe and air conditioning. Each room features its own bathroom equipped with hairdryer. You can eat your breakfast in a courtyard protected by old medieval walls. The hotel has 2 family suites, 3 triple rooms and 7 double rooms.
Charming local hotel
Built on the site of the former Agora, St. Nikolis is a charming little local hotel located in a pretty district of the old medieval town. It offers tourists the unique opportunity to live in a wonderfully restored age-old hotel. The inner patio boasts bougainvilleas which bring freshness and colour to the sandstone surroundings. The main building is made up of twelve double rooms, some of which can be turned into triple rooms. Each room is air conditioned, has a private bathroom, hairdryer, refrigerator, satellite TV, telephone with direct line. Some rooms have a veranda / patio and some have a balcony. Four very nice apartments with a fully-equipped kitchen. A sophisticated restaurant offers a variety of home-made Greek dishes. Breakfast is served on the hotel terrace, where you can take in the view over the old town. Minimum stays of at least three days.
RODOS PARK SUITES
Right in the centre of the town, very practical for visiting places. Rodos Park Suites is a hotel built during the 1960’s which has recently been renovated to very high standards. The hotel’s prime position makes it an ideal place from which to visit the town. It is located outside the medieval town, in the town centre. There are 30 English-style rooms with a balcony, minibar, TV, air conditioning and telephone. There are also 30 suites featuring a bedroom and living room with a spa bath in the bathroom. There are several restaurants including an outside barbecue, 1 brasserie and 1 bar. There is also a swimming pool, spa bath, sun lounge, sauna, massage and fitness room.
Estimated price per person: 200 euros
- 3-night stay at Cava d’Oro: from 200 to 260 Euros
- 3-night stay at St. Nicolis: from 450 to 500 Euros
- 3-night stay at Rodos Park Suites: from 370 to 520 Euros
Price set according to the number of people and the season.
- 3 nights in a double room
- B&B board and lodgings
- Transfers (harbour or airport / hotel)
What's not included
- Your international flights
- Flight transfer from Athens: €200 extra charge per person
- 3-day car hire: €300
Rhodes is easy to reach by plane, whether it be from Athens or Europe with a direct flight. Especially during peak season.
From Athens, between 4 and 12 flights a day depending on the season (1-hour flight).
Direct flights from major European cities.
Bus services: operate across the whole island and the majority of beaches are also accessible by boat.
Highlights of the travel in Greece:
- This trip is available all year round
- A 7/7 assistance during your trip
Our advices for this travel in Greece:
- Discover the magnificent medieval town of Rhodes, built by the crusaders and registered as a World Heritage Site.
- On the east coast, visit the medieval citadel at Lindos. Small traditional village that can only be accessed on foot or by donkey.
- Enjoy the numerous beaches, dotted all around the island. A regular bus service provides access to the majority of them. The most beautiful ones are located on the east coast and they are well sheltered from the wind.
- Immerse yourself in the buzzing peak season nightlife. If you like a bit of peace and tranquillity, try and visit off season. The very pleasant climate means you can enjoy this stay all year round. It rains the most during December and January...
- Go to Kamiros, on the north coast, and visit a temple dating from the 3rd century BC. An archaeological site located in a beautiful natural setting.
- There are many museums that are well worth visiting. In particular the archaeological museum which houses the impressive sculpture of Aphrodite.
- Hire a scooter for the day and explore the region.
- Go hiking in the “Valley of Butterflies” located on the west coast, 25 km from Rhodes. It is a captivating wooded valley which remains fresh and quiet in the summer. It is full of butterflies between May and September.
- Visit the Turkish baths in the old town. And of course, all kinds of sporting activities related to the sea and relaxing are on offer in Rhodes.
Have an amazing experience in Greece!