STAY IN RHODES, THE HELIOS ISLAND
This itinerary goes through the following steps:
Day 1 - 7: Rhodes
Day 8 : End of the trip
A dive into greek history and charm!
As the largest of the Dodecanese islands and the gateway to Asia, Rhodes is well worth a visit. Rhodes is known as “the sun island” and has a particularly mild climate throughout the year. Rhodes provides an excellent snapshot of this region's past. The old town of Rhodes is a World Heritage site. Beautiful beaches between the Mediterranean and Aegean Sea are dotted all over the island. Direct flights from Europe make this an accessible location for both long and short stays.
N.B : Contact our greek specialists so they can customize this itinerary and adapt it to your needs and wishes.
Here is the list of hotels for your travel in Greece:
Excellent value for money
This pool complex is nestled in a ten-hectare pine forest next to the sea. It is a perfect place to stay if you are looking for a holiday by the sea and excellent value for money. The hotel has everything for those who want to lounge and relax by the sea. The hotel features a large seawater swimming pool, covered fresh-water swimming pool, children’s swimming pool, numerous bars and restaurants, night club, supermarket, Internet access, organised evenings and car hire. Room capacity ranges from one to four people and they have air-conditioning, satellite TV, large balconies. Studio apartments complete with kitchenette are also available.
It is located at Ixia, 200 metres from the beach and 3 kilometres from the old town of Rhodes. Bus stop only 100 meters away.
Charming local hotel
Nestled in a prime position on terraces on the side of the Lindos acropolis, at the foot of the medieval fortress, the Melenos Lindos offers spectacular views of the coast and sea beyond. It is one of the few local hotels on the island of Rhodes. A beautiful sandy beach is located only one hundred metres or so from the hotel. The 12 suites are in keeping with the hotels historic past. A combination of tradition and modern comforts. Bathroom with hairdryer, minibar, telephone, satellite TV, radio, air conditioning, broadband Internet, safe and private terrace. A rooftop garden adds to the beauty and charm of this first-class hotel. Rhodes is 45 km away.
This top-of-the-range seaside resort is located next to a pebble beach in the Ixia bay, 15 minutes from Rhodes centre. Miramare Wonderland is very much like a village and is made up of maisonnettes surrounded by woodland. The 175 maisonnettes can sleep up to 4 people and all include a balcony or patio. With a view overlooking the garden, the sea or directly out onto the seafront. All of the smaisonettes are equipped with a kitchenette with a fridge, dining room, minibar, air conditioning, telephone, safe, bathroom with hairdryer. The suites located on the seafront also feature a spa bath and a hi-fi stereo. Two restaurants and three bars are available for you to enjoy. Large seawater swimming pool. Tennis court. Fitness room. Musical evenings held several times a week. The hotel also organises mini yacht cruises around the nearby islands or Rhodes island.
Estimated price per person: 340 euros
7-night stay at the Dionysos hotel: from 340 to 700 Euros
- 7-night stay at the Melenos Lindos hotel: from 440 to 1250 Euros
- 7-night stay at the Miramare Wonderland hotel: from 970 to 1550 Euros
Price set according to the number of people and the season.
- 7 nights in a double room
- B&B board and lodgings
- Ferry transfers from Athens
- Harbour - hotel transfers
- 7 days car hire:
What's not included
- Your international flights
- Other meals
Rhodes is easy to get to by both plane and ferry.
Piraeus – Rhodes crossing
- By ferry: between 13 and 22 hours, depending on the service operator.
- By plane: from Athens, between 4 and 12 hours depending on the season (1-hour flight).
Direct flights from major European cities.
The good condition of the roads means that it is easy to get about in either a car or a two-wheeled vehicle. Bus services operate across the whole island and the majority of beaches are also accessible by boat.
Highlights of the travel in Greece:
- This holiday is available all year round
- A 7/7 assistance during your trip
Our advices for this travel in Greece:
- Discover the magnificent medieval city of Rhodes, built by the crusaders and listed as a World Heritage Site.
- On the east coast, visit the medieval citadel at Lindos. There are small traditional village that can only be accessed on foot or by donkey.
- Enjoy the numerous beaches, dotted all around the island. A regular bus service provides access to the majority of them. The most beautiful ones are located on the east coast and they are well sheltered from the wind.
- Immerse yourself in the buzzing nightlife of high season. If you like a bit of peace and tranquillity, try and visit out of season. The very pleasant climate means you can enjoy this holiday all year round. That said, it rains the most during December and January...
- Go to Kamiros, on the north coast, and visit a temple dating from the III century BC. An archaeological site located in a beautiful natural setting.
- There are many museums that are well worth visiting. In particular the archaeological museum which houses the impressive sculpture of Aphrodite.
- Hire a scooter for the day and explore the region.
- Go for a walk in the “Valley of Butterflies” located on the west coast, 25 km from Rhodes. A captivating wooded valley which remains fresh and calm in the summer. The valley is full of butterflies between May and September.
- Explore the Turkish baths in the old town. And of course, all kinds of sporting activities linked to the sea and relaxing are on offer in Rhodes.
- Explore the small island of Symi and spend the day there. Visit the thermal springs at Kalithea and Anthony Quinn Bay which was the set for The Guns of Navarone.
Have an amazing experience in Greece!