Greece’s most beautiful beaches
It is not surprising that travel to Greece attracts so many people: the country boasts beaches of exceptional beauty. The shores of the Greek islands are line with stretches of powdery sand hidden in creeks or opened onto charming fishing villages. Here is a list of Greece’s best beaches:
The Most Beautiful Beaches of the Cyclades
– The Beaches of Santorini: magnificent and varied, Santorini’s beaches are different from any you’ve ever been to. They are fascinating and unique, for example, a red sand volcanic beach is surrounded by red cliffs and is located by the city of Akrotiri.
– The Beaches of Mykonos: Super Paradise and Paradise are the major spots for night-time revelry. However, know that it is totally possible to spend a calm and relaxing stay on Mykonos by heading for the less crowded beaches of Panormos and the island’s northwest; this is the place for peace and quiet.
– The Beaches of Paros: discover the little beaches of Kolymbithres. They are accessible by boat from the port of Naoussa, and many more private beaches nestled in coves wait to be discovered nearby.
The Most Beautiful Beaches of the Ionian Islands
– The Beaches of Corfu: the most popular of the Ionian islands offers stunning and peaceful beaches. Agios Georgios is one of the island’s most coveted. Its access is more difficult, so it is less inhabited by tourists.
– The beaches of Kefalonia: Myrtos is one of the Ionian’s best. Surrounded by cliffs, you can bathe in transparent water.
– The beaches of Zakynthos: Navagio, Greece’s most famous beach is here. You can only get there by boat but the site is guaranteed to take your breath away.
The Most Beautiful Beaches of Crete
– The beach of Elafonissi: a little Cretan gem in the island’s south west. This beach will enchant you with its powder soft sand, its authenticity and its tranquillity.
– Phalassarna: in north western Crete, this magnificent beach is located on a bay of the same name and allows you to discover its neighbouring archaeological sites.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for information about the times and routes of ferries to and between the Cyclades, the Ionians, the Dodecanese or Crete.