WEEKEND IN ATHENS
This itinerary goes through the following steps:
Day 1 - 3: Athens
Day 4 : End of the trip
Once in your lifetime, you need to visit and discover Athens!
A weekend in Athens is magical and it’s easy: Flying to Athens takes less than 4 hours, low-cost companies offer ridiculously cheap tickets, the city was renovated in 2004 and has a lovely Mediterranean climate . The only problem might be running out of time to discover the Acropolis, the Agora, the world-renowned museums and the modern Athens through the trendy districts of Plaka, Gazi or the hustle and bustle of Kolonaki. And if you get tired of the city, take a bus to Cape Sounion to see the Temple of Poseidon!
N.B : Contact our greek specialists so they can customize this itinerary and adapt it to your needs and wishes.
Here is the list of hotels for your travel in Greece:
Excellent value for money 3-star hotel
A family hotel with 56 rooms located in the centre of Athens, in a quiet street close to the former City Hall. It is a basic but high-quality hotel with competitive prices and is well located between Omonoia and Monastiraki Squares. All the rooms were renovated in 2003 and all feature a bathroom, hairdryer, TV, mini-bar, air conditioning and small balcony. On the roof of the hotel, there is a bar with a view of the Acropolis and Mount Lycabettus. Wi-fi available.
3-star hotel in a special location
In the trendy Psyri district, the Arion hotel is a small modern hotel located opposite a pleasant little square surrounded by trees. It was completely renovated in 2004 and offers an excellent level of comfort. It is an ideal location because it is just next to the Monastiraki metro and the archaeological area of the Acropolis and the Agora. The upper rooms have an unrestricted view of the Parthenon. There are 51 rooms, with meticulous contemporary decoration, in pastel shades. They are all equipped with a telephone, satellite TV, air conditioning, minibar and safe.
Trendy 4-star hotel in the city centre
A beautiful new, modern hotel in the heart of Athens with top-of-the-range services and refined décor. Set up in a new nine-floor building, it is located next to Omonoia Square and its typical local market, the old Plaka district and the archaeological museum. Even the Acropolis is within walking distance. The hotel’s 133 rooms boast a streamlined decor and all have broadband Internet and wi-fi access. The hotel’s real asset is its panoramic restaurant on the ninth floor, in particular its swimming pool with a magnificent view of the Acropolis, open from May to October. Fitness centre with sauna and gym. Car-park with a fee.
5-star luxury hotel
This is a must when it comes to luxury hotels in Athens and is a piece of history in itself. The list of royal family members, heads of state and celebrities that have stayed in the Grande Bretagne is endless. In 2003, the hotel underwent extensive renovation work to restore it to its original splendour and continue to delight guests with its legendary hospitality.
The hotel has 209 luxury rooms and 35 suites decorated in 17th/18th century style with high ceilings, period furnishings and refined comfort. The Classic rooms look out onto an inner courtyard and garden, the Deluxe rooms are more spacious and have a view out onto the square and the Acropolis from the balcony. There are five bars and restaurants, one of which is on the roof with a view of the Acropolis. There is an outdoor heated swimming pool and a spa with indoor swimming pool.
Estimated price per person: 210 euros
- 3-night stay at the Economy Hotel: from 210 to 250 Euros
- 3-night stay at the Arion hotel: from 250 to 300 Euros
- 3-night stay at Fresh Hotel: from 300 to 400 Euros
- 3-night stay at Grande Bretagne: from 600 to 750 Euros
Price set according to the number of people and the season.
- 3 nights in double room
What's not included
- Your international flights
- Flights transfer
- Car rental in Chios and Lesbos.
Good value charter flights are available, particularly in low season. Keep your eyes peeled for a good deal! A taxi should cost you about 35-40 Euros to get to the city centre. It generally takes about 1 hour without any traffic jam, well-known in Europe. There are also several bus lines from and to the Airport. It costs about 20-25 Euros and takes at least 1 hour and fifteen minutes to/from Syntagma (city centre). The metro has also reached the airport and costs about 8 euros and goes to Monastiraki, hitting all the metro stops in between which include Syntagma. We can also pre-arrange a private transfer from Athens airport.
Highlights of the travel in Greece:
- This trip to Athens is available all year round
- A 7/7 assistance during your trip
Our advices for this travel in Greece:
- Spend a day exploring the Acropolis and all the neighbouring sites.
- The Acropolis Museum, the Gallery of the City of Athens, the Museum of Cycladic Art. Be sure not to miss the National Archaeological Museum, the new impressive museum of the Acropolis.
- Try the national Ouzo with a mezze on the terrace of a kafenion.
- Visit Cape Sounion or the Byzantine monastery of Moni Kaissarianis, in the heart of Attica.
- Wander through the maze of little streets in Plaka, the most lively and entertaining neighbourhood in Athens.
- On Sunday morning, walk around the Monastiraki flea market, you are sure to find a few gems.
- And, under no circumstances should you miss watching the sun set over the Acropolis.
- If the sun is too hot, take a quick dip in one of the many beaches along the Attic coast. Many of them can be accessed by tramway.
Have an amazing experience in Greece!