CHIOS AND LESVOS, ANOTHER SIDE OF THE GREEK ISLANDS
This itinerary goes through the following steps:
Day 1 - 3: Chios
Day 4 - 7: Lesvos
Day 8 : End of the trip
Discover a taste of the Orient in the North Aegean sea with these two off the beaten-track destinations
Located only a few kilometres from the Turkish coast, Chios is an island with a striking exotic feel to it, with its numerous medieval villages made from stone and peaceful beaches stretching along the coastline. The ancient part of Lesbos, so dear to Sappho, is surprising for its lush vegetation, mountainous and woody landscapes, villages with multi-coloured houses and fortresses towering above them. If you like untouched destinations, you are in for a real treat...
Visited destinations in Greece: Other greek islands
N.B : Contact our greek specialists so they can customize this itinerary and adapt it to your needs and wishes.
Here is the list of hotels for your travel in Greece:
In Chios :
SPITAKIA RENTAL PROPERTY
These rental properties are located in Avgonima, a medieval village located in the centre of the island, 1 km from Chios and 8-12 km from the beaches on the west coast. The properties are small rustic, traditional houses or “spitakia”, apartments or rooms, which have been carefully re-built in keeping with the traditional island style. In total there are 4 houses, 2 apartments and 4 rooms that can sleep between 2 and 8 people. They all have a balcony or terrace, are air-conditioned and equipped with satellite TV, telephone and refrigerator.
Perleas Mansion is a beautiful estate situated in the lush Kambos plain. Perleas combines the charm of an old property with a working organic farm for a luxurious agrotourism holiday. The main part of the building was built in the Genoese style in 1640. While the property owner lives on the ground floor, the upstairs is reserved for guests. The seven traditionally-decorated bedrooms can only sleep 14 people, making this property an exclusive place to stay. All of the rooms look out on to a flourishing garden. Meals consist exclusively of the organic produce from the farm, orchard and vegetable garden, making eating at Perleas an unforgettable experience. Chios is located 7 kilometres to the north and the coast is only 4 kilometres away. You are bound to enjoy walking around the orchards in the shade of the fruit and olive trees.
In Lesvos :
Situated 2 km from Mytilene, the capital of the island, the Lorient hotel is a charming mansion next to the sea. It also features amongst the largest buildings from the island’s golden age. The property has a majestic garden. It was once a very wealthy family's holiday home and several famous people have stayed there. The owners have recently renovated the mansion, turning it into a first-rate place to stay for people looking for high quality accommodation.
The hotel is surrounded by a lush garden with hundred-year-old trees, including pines around the swimming pool that provide shade in the summer. There is a choice of luxurious suites, attic rooms and fully-equipped apartments. The level of comfort and the equipment is all in keeping with the status of the hotel.
The Heliotrope is a family hotel with very attractive prices. The hotel is split into two units. One has 28 4-star bedrooms and the other has 35 3-star bedrooms. The sea is only 30 metres away and the beautiful beach of Varia 100 metres. Mytilene, the capital, is only 2.5 km away, so you are neither too close for the city to disturb you, nor too far that you cannot make the most out of it. All rooms have a balcony which faces the sea, air conditioning, satellite TV, Wi-fi connection. A large seawater swimming pool, restaurants and bars are available for you to enjoy.
Estimated price per person: 400 euros
- 4-night stay at Spitaki and 3-night stay at Heliotrope: From 400 to 650 Euros
- 4-night stay at Perleas mansion and 3-night stay at the Loriet : From 550 to 750 Euros
Price set according to the number of people and the season.
- 7 nights in double room
- Ferry transfers
- Harbour - hotel transfers
What's not included
- Your international flights
- Flights transfer
- Car rental in Chios and Lesbos.
We would recommend to travel from Athens to Chios/lEsvos by plane and by ferry between the islands.
Piraeus - Chios
- 9-hour crossing by ferry, with up to 2 per day, sometimes during the night.
- 50-minute flight, around 6 flights per day.
Chios - Lesvos
Only by ferry. At least 1 per day or night in high season, around 3 hours.
Lesvos - Piraeus
- By ferry: 12- to 13-hour crossing, with up to 2 per day, sometimes during the night.
- 1-hour flight, around 6 flights per day.
Highlights of the travel in Greece:
- This trip to Chios and Lesbos is available all year round
- A 7/7 assistance during your trip
Our advices for this travel in Greece:
- In Chios, you must go and walk around the Kastro, a Byzantine citadel protecting the old town, with its ancient Jewish and Muslim districts.
- Visit the Nea Moni monastery, its mosaics are amongst some of the most impressive in Greece.
- Relax on one of the peaceful beaches of Chios. The beach at Mavra Volia, near Emporio in the south, is worth visiting for its black pebbles and cliffs.
- There are also some nice walks around the mountainous areas in the north-west of the island, offering breathtaking panoramic views of the coastline.
- Visit the fortified mastic villages in the southern part of the island. Pyrgi is the most impressive on account of its narrow streets and ornate houses.
- Worth visiting in March and April to enjoy the red sea of tulips that cover the south of the island.
- Try and find all 70 species of orchid that grow on the island.
- Take advantage of the numerous beaches all around the island. The sandiest beaches are located to the south-west of the island.
- At Mytilene, the capital of Lesbos, visit the beautiful Byzantine citadel
- Stop at Plomari in the south to sample some renowned local Ouzo on the seafront
- Be sure not to miss the extraordinary festivals there, with a mixture of Pagan rituals, music and religious fervour. The highlights are Saint Michel the Archangel on the third weekend of Easter and the Virgin Mary on 15 August.
Have an amazing experience in Greece!