HOLIDAY VILLAS IN EASTERN CRETE
This itinerary goes through the following steps:
Day 1 - 7: Elounda
Day 8 : End of the trip
A dive into greek traditions
These traditional holiday villas are located only a few kilometres from the picturesque fishing village of Elounda. The Gulf of Mirabello on the north coast of Crete is a beautiful stretch of coastline where small coves give way to sandy beaches. You can choose from ten holiday villas made from stone in Mavrikiano village or two comfortable villas located a couple of kilometres north in Vrouhas, a small village surrounded by olive groves and carob trees. We can organise day trips and excursions from there.
Visited destinations in Greece: Crete
N.B : Contact our greek specialists so they can customize this itinerary and adapt it to your needs and wishes.
Here is the list of hotels for your travel in Greece:
TRADITIONAL HOMES OF CRETE
Houses and villas
Property owners, who are passionate about Cretan history and committed to promoting sustainable and environmentally-friendly tourism, have restored some age-old Cretan residences and houses. They combine comfort with tradition. Accommodation is spread over two sites, with 10 houses on one site and 2 villas on the other. The houses can sleep between 3 and 6 people and are located in Mavrikiano, a small village above Elounda. Each property is different though they all feature a living room, between 2 and 3 bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, a terrace and green surroundings. Some are equipped with a fireplace. Elounda beach and village are just a 10-minute walk away. The almond tree house are located in Vrouhas village, 5 kilometres north along the coast road. They are much roomier than the houses and share a garden and a large swimming pool that measures 10m x 5m. The beach and village are just a 10-minute walk away.
Estimated price per person: 800 euros
- 7 nights in a 3-person house: from 800 to 1300 Euros per villa
- 7 nights in a 6-person villa: from 1400 to 2000 Euros per villa
Price set according to the number of people and the season.
- Villa rental, bedding, towels and cleaning included
What's not included
- Your international flights
- Car hire
- Transfers, flights and ferries
There is a regular plane or ferry service from Athens in the summer. The service is less regular during winter. Located around 2 hours (75 km) from Heraklion airport and 30 minutes (20 km) from the nearby town of Agios Nikolaos.
During the summer up to 8 flights per day operate between Athens and Heraklion (50-minute flight).
Direct flights from Paris and Lyon to Heraklion with low-cost airlines (www.transavia.com). Up to 3 flights a week during peak season. Around a 2-hour journey from Heraklion to Elounda.
Piraeus-Heraklion crossing (8 hours 30 minutes).
They are generally night crossings and it is possible to reserve a cabin.
The second crossing may be during the day. It really is the one to take.
Highlights of the travel in Crete:
- This trip is available all year round
- A 7/7 assistance during your trip
Our advices for this travel in Crete:
- Relax & recharge in your villa first!
- Walk around the small village of Elounda.
- Go hiking on the Lassithi plateau at almost 900 metres above sea level.
- Discover the lagoon of Agios Nikolaos
- Visit the small island of Spinalonga and its impressive Venetian fortress.
- For those passionate about archaeology, the Minoan city of Gournia and the palace of Malia are well worth visiting.
- Visit the Areti, Kritsa and Toplou monasteries
Have an amazing experience in Crete!