A FAMILY TRIP TO CRETE, STAY IN A VILLA
This itinerary goes through the following steps:
Day 1 - 7: Chania
Day 8 : End of the trip
An uncomplicated, traditional and comfortable place to stay
Located around 30 km west of Chania, the villas are perfect for those looking for a secluded and excluvive holiday in Crete. It is a former Venetian property where traditional architecture meets modern comfort. It includes five stone apartments, two villas and a large swimming pool, and, more recently, a villa with a private pool, all surrounded by lush gardens.
N.B : Contact our greek specialists so they can customize this itinerary and adapt it to your needs and wishes.
Here is the list of hotels for your travel in Crete:
Kamares Houses are independent living spaces located around a large interior courtyard with Cretan and Venetian archways, basins, flowers as well as lemon and banana trees. From the courtyard, a stone stairway leads up to the terraced gardens on several levels. From the hamlet swimming pool at the top of the gardens you can see the sea below. Small forts, remote chapels and quaint villages are scattered across the neighbouring hills. Kamares Houses has a choice of 5 apartments made from stone, 2 villas and 1 villa with a private swimming pool. Sleeps between 2 and 6 people. Bedding and towels provided, as well as a cleaner 3 times a week. The 5 apartments and villa have a kitchenette and a fireplace. A Wi-fi Internet connection is available at the café. Large swimming pool.
The guests staying at Kamares will be able to sample the fruits and vegetables from the garden at meal time. Every morning, a basket full of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, courgettes, aubergines and beans is available at breakfast. 100% organic!
Weather permitting, optional meals are also served in the courtyard, under the climbing vine and the stars. If it is too fresh however, meals are served in the dining room next to the kitchen and in front of a nice, hot fire.
Estimated price per person: 550 euros
- 7 nights for a 2 persons apartment: from 550 to 720 Euros
- 7 nights for a 4 persons house: from 670 to 900 Euros
Price set according to the number of people and the season.
- Ferry transfers from Athens
- 7 nights in a double room, bedding, towels and cleaning included.
- 7-day hire of a category B car.
What's not included
- Your international flights
We would recommend to travel from Athens to Crete by plane or by ferry.
- 8 flights a day between Athens and Chania. The flight lasts 50 minutes
- 3 flights a week from Paris/Lyon and Heraklion. Then you need 2 hours to get to Macheri.
You need 8h30 to cross the sea to Chania. 1 to 2 ferries per day leave Athens.
Highlights of the travel in Greece:
- This holiday is available all year round
- A 7/7 assistance during your trip
Our advices for this travel in Greece:
- Relax in the picturesque setting of Kamares.
- Walk around the village of Maheri.
- Wander around the labyrinth of streets in the old city of Chania.
- Be sure to walk along the sea wall and look at the age-old Venetian lighthouse of Chania.
- Go hiking in the Samaria Gorge, with 16 km of natural beauty.
- Visit the Chryssoskalitissa Monastery.
- The beautiful sandy beach at Elafonisi is only ten or so kilometres away.
- Go sightseeing on the peninsula of Gramvousa.
- The beaches at Balos and Falassarna are stunning.
Have an amazing experience in Greece!