ENCHANTING BREAK IN MONEMVASIA
This itinerary goes through the following steps:
Day 1 - 5: Monemvasia
Day 6: End of the trip
A charming and authentic region of Greece
At first sight, Monemvassia seems too far away from Athens to consider a short stay there. But a new motorway has made this site easily accessible, and convert this authentic village in an ideal place for a short stay. There is even a ferry from Athens to Monemvassia, for people who would like to cruise along the Peloponnese coast. It can also be tailor-made to your needs.
N.B : Contact our greek specialists so they can customize this itinerary and adapt it to your needs and wishes.
Here is the list of hotels for your travel in Greece:
4-star charming local hotel Kastro
A splendid hotel, named after the malmsey wine which made Monemvasia famous in the Middle Ages. The hotel is in two age-old buildings in the old town which have been renovated using local materials. Each room is different and they have been tastefully decorated. Some rooms have a balcony overlooking the sea, others have a fireplace for log fires in the winter. All rooms have air conditioning, cable TV, Wi-fi and a minibar. The stairs and alleys lead out onto the pontoon where you can swim in the sea. An exceptional hotel in a unique setting.
3-star family hotel. Modern Town
A charming local hotel uphill in the modern town, located 300 metres away from the beach. Most of the rooms have a balcony to relax and admire the magnificent views on the aegan sea and the mountains. Nice buffet breakfast, either inside or on the outside seaview terrace. Most of the staff belongs to the family and is full of attention. 20 bedrooms, most of them with sea view and fully-equipped with television, telephone, and minibar. Car-park. And if you plan to arrive by bus, the hotel can pick you up at the bus station downtown.
Estimated price per person: 250 euros
- 3-night stay at Panorama hotel: from 250 to 350 Euros
- 3-night stay at Malvasia: from 300 to 400 Euros
Price set according to the number of people and the season.
- 4 nights in a double room
- B&B board and lodgings
What's not included
- Your international flights
- Car hire
- By car:
Monemvassia is located around 300 km from Athens. It will take around 4 hours, passing by some stunning parts of the Peloponnese such as Mystras or Nafplion.
- By bus:
From the airport, take the X93 service to the Ktel Kifissou bus station in Athens. This station has services which operate in the Peloponnese. Then get the direct bus to Monemvassia (a 5-hour 30-minute journey), or travel towards Sparta and change for Monemvassia. Timetables: www.ktel.org
Highlights of the travel in Greece:
- This short stay in Monemvassia is available all year round
- A 7/7 assistance during your trip
Our advices for this travel in Greece:
- Visit the upper and lower parts of the town as you wander around. You will need a day to explore the narrow streets, visit the churches, walk along the battlements, explore the acropolis ruins and walk up to the citadel located at the top of a rock. The view is so spectacular that you will probably want to walk up there for a second time!
- Go for an evening walk through the labyrinth of streets and lose yourself in its numerous alleyways.
- Relax on the café and restaurant terraces facing the harbour in the modern town.
- From the kastro, head through the fortifications to the Portello pontoon
- You can also go swimming near the lower town or head to beautiful beaches less than 5 kilometres away.
- If you have a car, you can go on a day trip and explore the nearby Mani peninsula.
- Visit Elafonisos, a splendid beach at the tip of the peninsula.
- Visit Kyparissi, one of the most beautiful villages in Greece. In the middle of nowhere, on a small road north of Monemvassia.
Have an amazing experience in Greece!